The pandemic has greatly affected both community and commercial indoor playgrounds. This year, playgrounds have remained closed for most of the months due to mandated lockdowns and commercial restrictions put in place.
As we are in the middle of November and both public and commercial spaces have since open up to welcome families, new health and safety protocols are set in place to be followed by the public and by the playground management.
2021 is optimistic that the new normal will gradually shift into a healthier and safer state of life for all as businesses and commercial areas are slowly going back to normal.
If you are among the community managers or entertainment space operators that are planning for a playground to be built and be operational by next year, here are the new considerations you must be aware of:
- Space and Social Distancing – Next year, it will be ideal to offer a more spacious area to host your planned playground. With restrictions still in place such as social distancing, there are more room to move and maintain safe distance. With a larger space, you are able to incorporate more play equipment and reasonably host more clients – albeit with on-premise restrictions.
With the space, you can host a safety check area before entering the play area and put up a hand-washing area as a courtesy area for clients to wash hands before and after leaving the playgrounds.
- Local Restrictions and Policies – As a community manager or a commercial operator, you must be aware of the local restrictions and policies when it comes to business types and the compliance needed on health, safety and disease prevention that have a commonality in the following aspects:
- Encourage face masks and hand-washing
- Social distancing is a must and a courtesy
- New protocols and standards on facility cleanliness, sanitation, disinfection and safety
- Equipping staff and employees with the necessary protective equipment
- Curfew and adjusted operation hours
- Be prepared for localized lockdowns upon advise
- Contact tracing mechanics and implementation for guests or clients
- Funding Models and Grants – The internet and the increasing awareness of the importance of playgrounds have spurned movements on crowdfundings and donations / grants by playground advocate organizations that are partnered with cities, townships, municipalities and local areas. If you’re planning for a community playground, crowdfunding is a viable way to raise funds.
If you’re aspiring to open a commercially operated playground, business loans are a available to start.
- Inclusive Playgrounds – Inclusive playgrounds are designed to be accessible, no matter the physical handicap. This is based on the principle of inclusiveness where structural design meets capability to serve all children. Inclusive playgrounds are designed to be accessible and accommodate all children. Commercial playground manufacturers are also designing accessible playgrounds and play equipment for play area. You can check or consult with a playground manufacturer or equipment supplier if they supply or design accessible, inclusive themed playgrounds.
- Value Added Services – Commercial playgrounds have evolved from a place to play to an overall family entertainment area. Before the pandemic, playgrounds used to have a snack area where operators offer comfort food and quick drinks. They also have a retail area for souvenirs and toys. They have a photo booth for memories and these commercial areas are also good for reservations to host parties and birthdays.
Times have been tough this year but 2021 is looking to be a bounce back year for playground and the active lifestyle.
iREC is a world-class commercial playground and fitness manufacturer. Our factory-direct equipment are easy to clean, compatible with commercial cleaning solutions and we can re-outfit your playgrounds with new and clean play equipment. Contact us today: Call us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with our sales team.