Floods are considered as natural disasters and it can happen to areas that are not even prone to flooding, as per the area’s local history. Flooding are often a huge setback for businesses and the damage alone could deter businesses from opening quickly and recouping their losses.
If you are in the commercial playground equipment business or your entertainment area sports a play area dotted by play equipment, floods can also have long term damage and immediate effects on their structural integrity.
Here are tips in assessing and maintaining these play equipment that are affected by flooding:
- Assess the damage – See if the structure can still stand vertically and if it is in the immediate danger of collapsing because of the water level.
- Disassemble the structure – In order to assess the structure from top to down, disassembly is recommended and by doing so, we are able to see the damage inside, from within and from the foundation.
- Inspect the surface and almost everything – You will need to see for yourself the damage or state of the play equipment: from its surface, its component and parts, down to the joints, lock and padding.
- Clean the Equipment – Ideally you will need to apply three stages of commercial cleaning: the cleaning part, the disinfection part and the sanitation part.
- Clean each piece with a commercial grade cleanser or cleaning agent solution
- Disinfect each part with a disinfectant based on commercial grade
- Apply surface sanitation with a spray or wipe-on basing on commercial disinfectants
- Let them dry
- Inspect if they are still usable or can still hold out in terms of locking and sliding with the joints
- Clean the surrounding play area to get rid of bacteria and germs from flooding
- Assemble and Test the Equipment – If it is wobbly or has trouble maintaining weight. This is to know if the structure is safe to play for children. You may need to call your equipment manufacturer for a stress test or load bearing test.
- Check for Spare Parts – It is possible that your spare parts are either damaged or have been used to patch up the playground. You may need to re-order these from the same manufacturer or a similar manufacturer that can replicate the form, fit, casting and specification.
iREC is a world-class commercial playground and fitness manufacturer. We help develop and supply communities, commercial playgrounds and entertainment facilities with quality playground equipment that can be custom made to fit your project requirements when it comes to playground projects. Contact us today: Call us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with our sales team.