Starting a new business has its own merits and risks but in the pursuit of success, we take those risks anyways in order to make the dream of doing business into reality. 2020 has been tough for businesses as the global pandemic has caught the world unaware and largely unprepared. However, 2021 is looking like a bounce back year for businesses and consumer lifestyle as things are slowly going back to normal albeit with adjustments in place to counter the small surges of the pandemic here and there.
The global pandemic has altered consumer behavior and it altered both the landscape and outlook of businesses. With adjustments based on health, safety and cleaning protocols, businesses reopened within a cautious state and customers were just as anxious. But despite the pandemic, life goes on and society will prevail as long as they find safety in the top most of things.
As the world changed in the post-pandemic, new considerations in placing a commercial space to host your playground will be vital for the success of your playground – given that small outbreaks and lockdowns could be a norm in the next year or so.
- Research about the Historical Infection Rate of the Commercial Space Area – Prior to the lockdown, population size centered around the area is a good indicator for foot traffic and potential customers. However, with the pandemic still around, an area with a larger and more concentrated population dense could face lockdown as infectious diseases tend to spread more across denser populated areas. That said you must take into account:
- The area’s infection rate
- The area’s lockdown response
- The area’s effective pandemic control policies
- The area’s business climate prior and post-pandemic.
- Total Area Size of the Commercial Space – Space and its monthly rent was and is still a vital factor in selecting an area to host your business. In the post-pandemic, spacious areas allow more space to accommodate more customers while observing strict social distancing. In hosting your playground, a more spacious area allows you to place apart your play equipment so you can effectively allow social distancing for children who are playing.
- Reception Area and Comfort / Rest Rooms – Personal hygiene and personal cleanliness will be important as a public and customer courtesy in the post-pandemic. With a wash room or a comfort room or rest rooms that come with the space being leased, we are providing a wash area for customers to wash their hands and tidy up before hitting the playground. This is true for a reception area just by the entrance as we can check for body temperature and give considerations to having a hand sanitizer station, give out free face masks and a place to safely handle customer queues.
- Commercial Area Protocol and Public Health Guidelines – Mall grounds and commercial areas have their own protocols in place for public safety and to help prevent the spread of a potential outbreak. As a business owner who rents, you will need to be familiar with these as you apply your own social distancing and health / safety protocols.
iREC is a world-class commercial playground and fitness manufacturer. We help develop and supply communities, commercial playgrounds and entertainment facilities with quality playground equipment that can be custom made to fit your project requirements when it comes to playground projects. Contact us today: Call us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or email email@example.com to get in touch with our sales team.