The pandemic cancelled a lot of physical gatherings. From birthday parties or simple playtimes with friends, families became stuck at home to lower the chances of catching or spreading COVID-19. Yes, online platforms were able to fill in the gaps, but the personal touch is still part of human nature.
Now that months have passed since the start of the pandemic, there are now countries that got started in lifting their restrictions. Along with these restrictions is the reopening of playgrounds. However, with the new normal, how will they be able to promote free play with social distancing?
Here’s what parents should take note of before going back to their local playgrounds:
- Always bring your own hand sanitisers. Parents will use their own sanitisers to clean their children’s hands at all times. Children should not be allowed to touch the equipment if there are no hand sanitisers.
- Make sure children are practising social distancing with each other.
- Always remind children to avoid touching their faces, especially their face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Tell the children you are with on how to use the playground’s equipment safely.
- Ensure to stay up to date with news about the pandemic and announcements/pandemic restrictions in your area.
These rules do not only apply to outdoor playgrounds but with indoor playgrounds as well. If you are an indoor playground owner and is part of the areas that experience a lockdown, in case restrictions are lifted, make sure to apply these rules as well. Also, make your playground as a place that follows the health protocols to prevent the spread of diseases. On the other hand, you should also make sure to check your equipment for maintenance to ensure the safety of the children.
In case you need help with new equipment or maintenance, iREC can do just the job. Being a commercial playground manufacturer for decades now, iREC is backed up with experience to build playgrounds on par with international standards. We make sure every equipment that is made is durable and can definitely withstand wear and tear for a long time. Reach out to us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with a representative.