The new normal is all about safety. Social distancing, wearing face masks, and practising proper hand and foot hygiene is a must to prevent the spread of the virus. But, will these protocols fit gyms and playgrounds in the future?
Since the arrival of the coronavirus, it massively changed the group fitness activity dynamic. Children can no longer go out and meet their friends physically at the playground. Even gymgoers are stuck at home looking for the best home workouts on the internet.
The only option left is to do group activities at home with family or meet those friends online.
Now, since some areas have eased restrictions, some places are open to offering group fitness activities. However, it is not the same as before. To keep the business afloat, they shifted to digital, uploading workout videos or holding a live workout session to get everyone involved at the same time. Meanwhile, those areas that allowed limited capacity needs to disinfect religiously for the safety of the next user.
The same goes for playgrounds. Once restrictions are lifted, and children are allowed to play with their favourite indoor playground, as an owner, it is vital to implement safety guidelines.
- Always make sure to disinfect equipment as well as every nook and cranny of the playground.
- Make sure to provide a foot-sanitizing mat to disinfect their shoes upon entry.
- Check everyone’s temperatures
- Require the staff to wear masks and gloves during their shifts.
- Install foot-operated drinking stations to prevent people from touching it.
- Place reminders of proper handwashing signs around the playground.
- Make sure to train staff in providing empathy and understanding during these hard times.
The coronavirus suddenly struck, leaving businesses in shock. As part of the reopening phase, make sure also to perform maintenance on your equipment and replace the old ones to avoid accidents.
If you’re preparing to open your business, we can help you. iREC is a commercial playground equipment manufacturer with decades of experience in creating play equipment on par with international standards of safety, durability and fun. Reach out to us through +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with a representative.