As we are entering the fourth and final quarter of 2020, many of us are hoping that the pandemic will subside in the near future so we can all have a great restart of 2021 where life can return to normal and families won’t have to be living in fear of the coronavirus.
Still, it is up to us to live with the times and adjust as we all strive for normalcry. This includes calculated activities where we strive to regain our normal lifestyles prior to the pandemic. For children, outdoors are still important to their health. Trade in the comforts of the mall and activity areas for the comforts of the wide-open playgrounds where children can play, get fresh air and get their recommended exercise.
Here are the top safety tips for a healthy and safe play on playgrounds:
- Avoid Crowded Areas. Visit the Playground Early in the Morning or Late in the Afternoon – Avoiding crowds is a sure way to lessen the dangers of contracting the virus. Playgrounds in the morning and late in the afternoon are less crowded where we can maintain social distancing between children.
- Bring Face Masks, Face Shields and Hand Sanitizers – These are the basic essentials especially when travelling to and from the playground. Commercial playgrounds will require children to be with masks and face shield prior to entry. While outdoor playgrounds are safer as they are outdoors and the fresh air is a refreshing change from being cooked.
- Encourage Community Playground Managers and Commercial Playgrounds to Be Proactive in Safety – Under the new normal, commercial establishments are required to practice a heightened sets of sanitation, cleaning and disinfection in order to curb the spread of the pandemic while providing a relative safe space for play. Community managers of playgrounds must also be encourage and be inspired to do the same. In maintaining a clean and sanitation routine for playgrounds, we are safe guarding play as a healthy activity.
- Plan Playtime Accordingly – For the safety of children, play time and outdoor activities must be scheduled to avoid crowds and this will also require parents or guardians to be concise, be on time when it comes to arrival and departure.
- Teach Children About Social Distancing and No Touch Policies – Start them at an early age about the need to social distance and avoid crowding or touching other kids. This is our number one safety priority for children as it teaches them the courtesy and importance of social distancing in these times.
- DIY Sanitation and Wiping – Bringing our own wipes such as hand sanitizers and alcohol as disinfectants will allow us to practice DIY sanitation and cleaning on surfaces where children are playing.
- Playgrounds May Not Be the Best Places for Now – If you’re not confident and hesitant to bring your children to the playgrounds, this is ok and trust your best instincts. There are other safe areas outside for physical activities such as walking, biking and solo play on sports such as basketball and football, among other sports.
iREC is a world-class commercial playground and fitness manufacturer. We help develop and supply communities, commercial playgrounds and entertainment facilities with quality playground equipment that can be custom made to fit your project requirements when it comes to playground projects. Contact us today: Call us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with our sales team.