There was once a time where indoor playgrounds were the prime destination for kids during the rainy season. As outdoor playgrounds are drenched and left all muddy during the rainy season, indoor playgrounds offered up a warm, secured and well-kept place to play and get children their much needed physical activities. Forward to this day, indoor playgrounds are slightly making a comeback albeit with restriction during the pandemic. Operators let fewer kids inside as a precaution against overcrowding and the spread of COVID-19.
As the rainy season kicks in, playground operators are facing new challenges in keeping their playgrounds clean during this rainy season.
- Cleaning More Frequently – Daily cleaning during pre-opening and post-closing were the norm for playgrounds. In this day, where the pandemic still lingers, playground operators are cleaning more frequently and they disinfect the surfaces in between intervals. These intervals include:
- Before opening
- After each morning interval from a batch of kids
- Lunch interval after a play session from a batch
- Afternoon interval after a play session from a batch
- Disinfecting More Frequently – In this time, disinfection after each batch of play is being done in making the surfaces of play equipment, be contaminant free and to be safe for the next batch of play. Playground operators are placing a premium on disinfection more than ever.
- Keeping other Areas Clean – Operators are also cleaning other areas of the playground facility: these include the reception, the floors, the matting, the padded walls and the other areas such as comfort rooms and waiting chairs for a more holistic, healthier area.
- Protective Equipment – Today, face masks are still encouraged for everyone inside the playgrounds. This include the staff, the cleaning personnel, the customers and the children as mask mandates persists during this pandemic.
- Stocking Up on Cleaning Solutions – Playground areas should make it a point to be well-stocked and well-supplied with cleaning materials, equipment and solutions in maintaining the cleanliness and hygienic condition of the playground. The rainy season means the moist and wet environment makes them an area where bacteria and other infectious organisms are thriving due to the west surface and cooler temperature. Commercial grade, non-toxic cleaning supplies are recommended for the cleaning to be effective and cost-efficient.
iREC is a world-class commercial playground and fitness manufacturer. Our factory-direct equipment are easy to clean, compatible with commercial cleaning solutions and we can re-outfit your playgrounds with new and clean play equipment. Contact us today: Call us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or email email@example.com to get in touch with our sales team.