The pandemic have halted the operations of many indoor playground operators as various bodies such as governments, infectious disease control agencies and health agencies have advised against indoor gatherings and public gatherings inside entertainment facilities such as indoor commercial playgrounds.
In the western part of the world, particularly the United States, Canada and parts of Europe, outdoor community playgrounds were the first to reopen compared to their commercial indoor counterparts. The reasons are:
- Outdoors and its atmospheric conditions has a significantly lower rate of infection transmittal due to the air, heat and open areas.
- Outdoors are less confined when it comes to activities can be done with effective distances
- Air isn’t contained inside the facilities
- Play equipment can be set at larger distances apart
As a response to the pandemic that has hit the world, the future of community and commercial playgrounds could be found in combining both concepts of indoor roofed playgrounds and outdoor playgrounds where roofing can be provided while maintaining a fresh outdoor experience.
Roofed and Sheltered Play Equipment
This solves two important factors in consideration of the pandemic that has gripped the two playground types:
- Indoor commercial playgrounds are contained indoors
- Outdoor playgrounds are often affected by the hot sun and occasional rain
The answer? Providing a roof to shelter the play equipment while maintaining an open to the air playground. Children can maintain play despite the sun shining brightly while an open air environment drastically lowers the rate of infection through guidance on social distancing and continued surface disinfection.
Indoor and Outdoor Playground Combined
Combining an indoor and outdoor playground will also have its fair share of playground variety in terms of experience:
- Indoor play equipment can be made for soft play
- Outdoor play equipment can encourage larger and more robust structures
- Indoor play can house sports that can be played indoors
- Outdoor play can house sports that are best outdoors
iREC is a world-class commercial playground and fitness manufacturer. We help develop and supply communities, commercial playgrounds and entertainment facilities with quality playground equipment that can be custom made to fit your project requirements when it comes to playground projects. Contact us today: Call us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with our sales team.