Playgrounds are allowed to reopen if the government says it is safe to do so. There are also guidelines issued by the government or city administration on public health & safety in regards to public or community areas that includes community playgrounds. There are also guidelines on safety and health for businesses that may include indoor commercial playgrounds.
Additionally, government and health agencies are also encouraging business operators to come up with their own safety and health guidelines to ensure the safety of their spaces and properties.
For playgrounds, reopening its facilities require planning and being informed about the safety guidelines. Here are reopening guidelines for playgrounds that are made simple:
- Check with your local government if it is OK to reopen
Very important for community managers and playground operators. If the government says its OK to open, then you can start planning ahead basing on the following:
- Issuing health and safety guidelines
- Prepare signages and personnel to issue friendly reminders on health and safety
- Distribute materials that contain guidelines for health and safety
- Determine if your playground will be open five day or seven days a week
- Encourage physical distancing, mask wearing and people to be aware of the vaccines ready for them
- Prepare Your Safety Guidelines
Open communication with your team and community is the key in setting up a quality health and safety guidelines for people to adhere as courtesy in maintaining a clean and safe experience:
- Determine a date of reopening your playground
- Inspect your equipment and facility for reopening basing on cleaning supplies, courtesy offers such as hand sanitizers, hand wash stations
- Determine how many your facility can accommodate basing on capacity mandate by the government
- Be aware of local outbreaks and infection rates
- Remind your personnel to do a self health assessment always for symptoms
- Draft, Write and Circulate your Playground Safety and Health guidelines
- You can distribute your health guidelines via email, print or social media
- Facility and Playground Maintenance
Facility maintenance such as routine cleaning and disinfection should be your top priority on a day to day basis to maintain a safe and healthy environment:
- Do you have the adequate cleaning supplies?
- Do you have commercial grade and safe disinfection solutions?
- Keeping up with sanitation requirements on your city and government standards
- Equipping your staff and personnel with essential supplies on safety such as face masks, sanitary supplies etc
- How often must you clean, disinfect and sanitize your play equipment?
- Plan Ahead
2020 was a year where playgrounds were hit the most as public and privately owned playgrounds are often without children due to stay at home orders by the many cities of the world. This year is a vital year for the playground and entertainment industry as well as the community playground industry in terms of the following:
- Maintaining cost-efficiency and commercial viability in maintaining the operation
- The emerging new trends on social distanced play and the specialized playground equipment
- Introducing new features to your playground
- Hybrid trend of indoor and outdoor playgrounds in one space
- Technology changing and reshaping play
- Inclusive Playgrounds and its world changing concept
- Crowdfunding and Grants for playgrounds and how do you start one?
- Fostering Inclusivity and Diversity in the playground
- Upgrading or maintenance of the playground despite the economic challenges
iREC is a world-class commercial playground and fitness manufacturer. Our factory-direct equipment are easy to clean, compatible with commercial cleaning solutions and we can re-outfit your playgrounds with new and clean play equipment. Contact us today: Call us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with our sales team.