Playgrounds are more than just a place for enjoyment. Their impact to the community is immense as it is a place where childhood dreams and the fondest of the earliest memories are nurtured. If a community does not have a playground or if the playground is deteriorating, chances are, you’ll see less kids being active and there is a chance that children are not getting the most of their early years.
Over the years, community leaders have launched campaigns to fund a community playground. Through crowdsourcing and the many ways we can launch crowdfunding campaigns, we often read or hear about successful playgrounds being made a reality for communities with each successful crowdfunding campaigns.
If you are a community leader who is looking to create or rehabilitate the community playground, a crowdfudning is among your options and here are tips to help you get started:
- Organize Your Crowdfunding Campaign – We must determine first on how much do we need to raise or gather as a goal. When we have the amount determined, we can start organizing on how we can market or spread the word. We can use social media, print our leaflets and appeal to the community for donations or their help in spreading the word. The goal is reach as many willing donors as possible.
- Plan the Duration of the Campagin – We need to set a solid start date and an end date. Campaigns can’t be kept running forever. By setting a date, we are setting an urgency date. If it happens that we do not reach the initial goal amount, we can relaunch the campaign with the current goals raised for another cycle.
- Tell the Story – In the campaign, a huge part of your campaign should be focused on the story of why you are running this crowdfunding campaign. You can focus on why the community needs a playground and you can highlight the need to rehabilitate your playground equipment. By telling your story, potential campaign donors will be able to connect with your mission and perhaps, willingly give.
- Be active and Entertain Questions – Over the course of the campaign, people will ask questions about the project and the playground. You must do your best in providing an informative answer on why you are running this campaign, who benefits and what is the long term goal?
- Approach the Local Government – You can help appeal to the local government for a grant or local business groups to enlist their aid in funding the campaign. You can also consider platforms such as GoFundMe.com in order to organize a wide-reaching campaign and allow anyone from across the world to donate.
iREC is a world-class commercial playground and fitness manufacturer. We help develop and supply communities, commercial playgrounds and entertainment facilities with quality playground equipment that can be custom made to fit your project requirements when it comes to playground projects. Contact us today: Call us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or email email@example.com to get in touch with our sales team.