Playgrounds are still a part of the new normal but for every trip outdoors, we must exercise precaution in order to be safe from the infectious COVID-19 pandemic. If your playground operator or the playground community manager have yet to issue guidelines, we’re listing the quick playground tips for all to follow.
This is to ensure the safety and health of all when going to the playground.
- Wear a mask whenever in the park.
- Always maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from all individuals who are from different households.
- To ensure that masks stay on at all times, do not eat or drink in playground areas.
- Wash or sanitize your children’s hands, as well as your own, before and after your visit and use of the playground equipment.
- Try to visit the park at times when it is less likely to be crowded.
- Avoid playgrounds whenever others are present, especially if you are an elderly person or someone with underlying medical conditions.
- To avoid crowding, limit your visit to 30 minutes, especially when others are waiting.
- Remain at least six feet from others not part of your household.
- Carry a face covering, and wear it outdoors any time you cannot stay six feet from others, including when passing others on a trail, using the restrooms or speaking to parks staff.
- Do not visit a park if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, including any or all of the following: a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, unusual headaches, severe fatigue, chills, gastrointestinal symptoms and loss of your sense of smell or taste.
- Do not use drinking fountains. Plan ahead and bring your own water.
- Restrooms might not have hand-washing stations, so carry your own hand sanitizer.
- Pack out all litter to reduce the amount of trash the parks staff and other visitors may come into contact
There you have it, simple and easy to remember rules for your next playground adventure.
As playgrounds are looking to reopen under the new normal, communities and commercial spaces are also planning to adapt to the ways in bringing back play to the daily life of children. If you’re a commercial space owner, a business owner or a community manager who are looking to establish a playground, iREC, a playground manufacturer can assist and deliver an detailed playground plan. Contact iREC today: Call us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or email email@example.com to get in touch with our sales team.