Last month, California has allowed the reopening of the public playgrounds across its counties, cities and small towns albeit, with restrictions for public health and safety. San Francisco, has also allowed the reopening of public playground and the city has also imposed restrictions as guidelines to the families who are looking to spend time on the public playground.
Below are the general guidelines to follow in the reopening of San Francisco playgrounds:
- There is a limited number of people allowed to enter a playground, depending on the size of the playground, and limits on the number of children allowed to use the equipment at one time
- Playground visits must be limited to 30 minutes when other people are present
- Visitors of all ages must stay 6 feet away from others outside of their household
- Visitors 2 years of age and older must wear face coverings
- Only one adult is allowed to accompany a child
- Eating and drinking are not allowed
- Visitors are advised to wash their hands before and after playing
- Adults and caregivers are asked to actively supervise children at all times
Furthermore, the San Francisco Department of Health provided a number of outlined tips for safety and courtesy for parents or guardians:
- Go to the playground during days and times when there are fewer people
- Choose playgrounds within walking distance of your home instead of taking public transportation
- Choose smaller playgrounds with fewer people over larger playgrounds that can hold more people
- If your child is crying and cannot be consoled, remove them from the play structure or playground until they are calm, since loud crying can produce a large number of respiratory droplets
- If anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, do not visit a playground
Basing on these guidelines, commercial playground operators and community playground managers can begin drawing up their playground safety rules and regulations as they too are planning to reopen in the near future.
If you’re a commercial space owner, a business owner or a community manager who are looking to establish a playground, iREC, a playground manufacturer can assist and deliver an detailed playground plan. Contact iREC today: Call us at +63 047 250 2779 / +63 047 251 3139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with our sales team.