In school, our teachers always include in our science class the different senses of the human being and its corresponding organ that performs the actions. And this is how they often tell us: the hands give us the sense of touch; the eyes give us the sense of sight; the nose gives us the sense of smell; the ears give us the sense of hearing; the tongue gives us the sense of taste. All these senses coincide with each other. It also helps in many ways at every stage of our lives.
As for children, they are curious little human beings. They use the senses to navigate the world they live in. So, it’s best to develop them while young.
Sensory play is activities that stimulate the different senses of a child. Sensory activities unlock a child’s potential for understanding what’s around them. It also refines how they are able to understand different sensory information and help the brain process better on what children should do regarding the collected information.
There are many reasons why sensory play is beneficial for children. Here are the key benefits you should be aware of:
- Sensory play helps children in improving a child’s ability in learning complex tasks since these activities foster nerve connection build up in the brain.
- Sensory activities enhance memory functioning and even helps develop it
- This type of play is a wonderful way of helping children to calm or relax an anxious or frustrated child
- It also supports different growth for children, such as language development, cognitive growth, problem-solving skills, motor skills, and social interaction
- Sensory play helps children learn about the different sensory attributes, which include hot, cold, and more.
It’s a must for playgrounds to allow children to experience sensory play every now and then. Children need to develop different aspects of their well-being and abilities early on to help them as they grow up. As for playgrounds in need of playground equipment, you can get in touch with iREC, a commercial playground manufacturer that has years of experience in making children happy through their equipment.