It is easy to say that your playground is safe. But, can you prove it? An important way of ensuring safety in your playground is maintaining your equipment. Whether it is brand new or already been used for a few years, you should make sure that you’re strictly following a maintenance plan and schedule in order to keep the playground safe, the children away from harm, and to ensure the longevity of the play equipment. Here are top-notch maintenance tips for your play area equipment.
How to maintain indoor playground equipment:
- Schedule an inspection on a regular basis. During the inspection, make sure to check excessive wear, deterioration and potential hazards on the play equipment.
- Regarding rope equipment, make sure to perform proper tensioning of the ropes so that it can be used longer. In buying one, make sure to do proper tensioning when choosing a brand to determine durability.
- Always double check your play equipment with moving parts and its bearings for wear. If not maintained, this can be expensive to repair.
- Also, inspect the bearings of equipment that rotates. Dirt and grime that can be found on the inside can bog the movement of the equipment. This can be cleaned with the use of a high-pressure hose.
- There are play equipment and structures with specific maintenance dates. Make sure to strictly follow this. Moreover, not all equipment and structures are the same. That is why you should not treat them all as the same, meaning the equipment has its own maintenance activity.
When to replace indoor playground equipment:
Make a record of your equipment not know how long you have been using it. Once your play equipment and structures have reached 10 to 15 years old or older and there is evident wear and tear, you should prepare a plan regarding replacing the equipment when needed.
When replacing play equipment, you should also include the following:
- Most used play equipment, or the things the kids enjoyed playing with the most for over 3 years
- Visible damage
- Layout issues and changes that needed to be fixed
The maintenance tips mentioned above, including the replacement pointers, are essential in keeping your play area safe for kids. This will also let your playground operate since there are no casualties that are happening. Safety not only starts in maintenance but in getting durable equipment from a trusted playground equipment manufacturer, and iREC has over 25 years in manufacturing play equipment for indoor playgrounds, ensuring that equipment is safe and child-friendly. For more information, call +63 47 250 2779 or email email@example.com.