Each year, Centers for Disease Control and Development said 200,000 children aged 14 and below get injured because of playing on playground due to the misuse and unruliness when it comes to playground interaction. As a parent, the safety of our children is our primary concern when we let them play in the many indoor playgrounds within our cities.
While indoor playgrounds are built safe by default, child safety begins with both parents and guardians where children are taught on how to properly behave inside the playground or how to properly interact the many features of the playground.
Before letting your children discover the joys of indoor playgrounds, below are the top five safety tips for indoor playgrounds:
- Always monitor your children whenever they are at an indoor playground. If you will need to attend to something, make sure that a guardian or a relative is looking out for the child.
- Your kids should be wearing the right type of clothes. Don’t let them wear pieces of clothing that with drawstrings since this may get caught from the play equipment.
- Always check if the indoor playground’s staff is constantly monitoring the children. Indoor playgrounds have dedicated staff that is trained to interact and oversee children’s activities.
- Teach your kids about how to properly use the playground equipment. They should completely understand the proper usage and interaction in order to have a fun and safe play session where they can also show other playmates on how to play safely.
- Check the recommended age bracket for the indoor playground. There are playgrounds intended for toddlers and kids of various stages of development. Age appropriation when it comes to the type of playground equipment is strictly implemented by establishments.
When it comes to play safety, manufacturers observe safety measures that are designed by default in play equipments:
- Cushion and matting on the floors of the play area
- Rails and Barriers are soft but durable when it comes to crawl spaces and slides
- Joint play equipment is locked in by structure without the use of harnesses or nails
- Play area equipment such as domes and ball pits are easily accessible by adult staff through easy roof detachment
- Tumble blocks and play equipments have soft and rounded edges with no sharp points
As a safety guarantee for parents, businesses that feature indoor playgrounds should double check the reputation of the playground manufacturer before buying and installing. iRec is a trusted playground manufacturer that has been in the business for decades. The company is recognized by international organisations in terms of safety and durability.
Content retrieved from: https://irec.ph/experts-childrens-indoor-playground-safety-tips/.